Have questions for your product category? We have data to answer them. Please let us know here
Eye Tracking on
[use the buttons below]
A consumer research project was conducted at the shopper lab to test the quantitative and qualitative aspects of a beloved grocery favorite: Bread Crumbs. This study compared the bread crumb category across four different planograms. Each planogram was set up to mimic the bread crumb planograms from four different grocery stores: Bi-Lo, Harris Teeter, Walmart, and Food Lion. The type of bread crumbs and their placement within the planogram varies across the four different store designs. 126 participants were asked to shop among these planograms as they normally would. Eye tracking technology was used to capture the eye movements at 50 times per second to measure participant shopping behavior.
SKUs in Play
Harris Teeter Planogram
Food Lion Planogram
The results from this study consist of below sections:
Eye Tracking Key Metrics
- Total Fixation Duration (TFD)
- The time, in seconds, spent on average by participants fixating on this item. The higher the number, the better the package performed.
- Time To First Fixation (TTFF)
- The time, in seconds, from when a product first enters a participant’s field of view until they fixate on it. The lower the number, the better the package performed.
- Fixation Count (FC)
- The total number of times a participant’s scan of the planogram crossed into a particular area of interest.
Eye Tracking Visualization
- Heat Maps
- Gaze Plots
- Measures how many participants chose to buy the item. The higher the number, the better the package performed.
Eye Tracking Key Metrics for SKUs
Total Fixation Duration (TFD)
Time To First Fixation (TTFF)
Fixation Count (FC)
Eye Tracking Key Metrics for Design Elements
We break down the design elements of your product and identify how shoppers view every part of your package. With this data, we can tell you which elements on your package are working for you and what needs improvement.
(Above pictures are for illustration purpose only. Actual data may vary for different packages.)