Have questions for your product category? We have data to answer them. Please let us know here
Eye Tracking on
[use the buttons below]
A consumer research project was conducted at Package InSight’s shopper lab to test the quantitative and qualitative aspects of a beloved grocery favorite: bottled tea drinks. 227 participants shopped a representative competitive planogram, which consisted of 29 different bottled tea SKUs. Participants were asked to shop for single serve tea as they normally would. Eye tracking technology was used to capture the eye movements at 50 times per second to measure participant shopping behavior.
SKUs in Play
29 different SKUs of bottled tea drinks were in the display.
The results from this study consist of below sections:
Eye Tracking Key Metrics
- Total Fixation Duration (TFD)
- The time, in seconds, spent on average by participants fixating on this item. The higher the number, the better the package performed.
- Time To First Fixation (TTFF)
- The time, in seconds, from when a product first enters a participant’s field of view until they fixate on it. The lower the number, the better the package performed.
- Fixation Count (FC)
- The total number of times a participant’s scan of the planogram crossed into a particular area of interest.
Eye Tracking Visualization
- Heat Maps
- Gaze Plots
- Measures how many participants chose to buy the item. The higher the number, the better the package performed.